Hoi An is always the must-visit-destination in Vietnam, thanks to its history, culture and local. It is only 30km from the Danang International Airport. It is easily accessible to Vietnamese / expats living in Vietnam and international tourists. There are some options to get to Hoi An, depends on the type of transportation you prefer.
1. BY AIR TO DANANG AIRPORT AND THEN RESORT’S CAR/BUS/TAXI TO HOI AN.
There are a lots of domestic and international flights to this airport.
* Domestic Flights: from Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Hai Phong, Buon Me Thuot, Can Tho, Nha Trang, Pleiku, Dalat, Vinh. (Vietnam Airlines, Jetstar Airlines, Vietjet)
* International Flights: from Hongkong & Guangzhou & Macao & Hangzhou (China), Taipei, Siem Reap (Cambodia), Incheon & Busan & Daegu (Korea), Narita & Osaka (Japan), Bangkok (Thailand), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), and charter flights from other cities.
From Danang, you can book the airport transfer service of Palm Garden Beach Resort Hoi An to the resort in Hoi An first for your convenience (please book this service in advance) . This service is chargeable as follows:
* 4 seat car: VND 905,000 (USD 33) per car per way
* 8 seat car: VND 1,292,000 (USD 47) per car per way
* 16 seat car: VND 1,244,000 (USD 45) per car per way
After taking a rest, you can order a free resort scheduled shuttle bus to Hoi An’s ancient town. It is only 5km from the resort to the center of Hoi An’s ancient town (only 5-10 minutes by car).
There are 4 routes from the resort and 4 routes back.
If you prefer a cheaper price, you can contact travel agents to book a private car or order a taxi at the arrival hall. This service cost you about USD 20 – 25 per way. If you take bus, you must get to the bus station (not in the airport) before going to Hoi An (not recommended).
2. BY TRAIN TO DANANG AND THEN RESORT’S CAR/BUS/TAXI TO HOI AN.
No railway in Hoi An. You have to stop at Danang or Tam Ky railway station. There are many domestic trains from Vietnamese big cities: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hue, Nha Trang, etc.
From the train station, you can order a resort’s car or taxi / bus.
3. BY OPEN TOUR BUS TO HOI AN
You can buy tickets to Hoi An through travel agents. It takes a lot of time to travel by bus if travel from Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh city. If you departs from Central provinces nearby Hoi An, it is one of the most convenient ways.